Monday, October 23, 2017

Community - What Happened - 65,844,610 asked



Community
What Happened - 65,844,610 asked
 


I just finished reading the book “What Happened.”

If you are one who voted for Hillary Rodham Clinton and you really wanted (want) to know, you really need to read this book. It is a very pleasant and satisfying read if you voted for her, or now wish you had. Put aside what you may have read, seen, or heard in your favorite (or other) media. You do need to read the book, in her own words, written from the heart. You will learn many things you will wish you had heard during the campaign that got drowned out by the mess that was the campaign.

She clearly admits all the mistakes she made as a candidate. Let’s start there. The important thing, now, is where do we go, from here. How do we fix the mistake for our country that came about via the Electoral College vote versus the popular vote?

Each of us has had a lot of time to think about this, by now, I’m sure. I certainly have. I’m reminded every day of the key principles of government that I thought were fixed, that are being eroded, torn away, torn apart, each and every day of the current administration. We each need to be active in our own way to work on this…every day.

I’ve spoken some about this in earlier posts. This blog was created as a platform for this dialogue. I’ve been away for awhile, but, in coming weeks, I’ll be sharing what I’ve been reading (this book and otherwise) and what I think we should be doing to make our lives, and our country, better. This is one thing I can do. It will be up to you to decide what you can do. I invite you to join me on this journey.

More on this later, but, in closing, in the words of HRC:

“Resist, insist, persist, enlist.”

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for speaking up. I can't bring myself to read the book yet. The whole election mess still brings up such painful memories. I fear for the 2018 election with the Democratic Party still pushing away voters that they need.
    Resist, every day, in every way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it because I wanted to get her read on our country right now, and what we do about it, now. I was not disappointed. It was worth the reliving part... ;-)
      P.S. Though it read like she was sitting across the table from me and telling it in her words...it was very obvious this was a 'team' project...be sure to read the Acknowledgements...

      Delete
  2. I totally agree that the voting public never had the opportunity to learn who Hillary Clinton was as a person. She ended up spending all her time during the election reacting to others. I wish she'd been able to focus on her wealth of experience and plans for the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She admits that she was focused on how she would govern...assumed she would be elected. Also is candid about her deficiencies as a candidate...her candidate weaknesses are actual governing strengths. So sad. Worth reading, in any event. So many questions for the future!

      Delete